Two advocacy actions this week to voice your support of SNAP as Farm Bill negotiations resume:
1) Nationwide Call-In Day on Wednesday, Dec. 4; and
2) “Who Goes Hungry?” cards and messages for Members of Congress and the White House. Go to whogoeshungry.org for holiday cards and social media messages.
SNAP Nationwide Call-In Day, Wednesday, Dec. 4:
Join advocates across the country for a nationwide call-in day to support and protect SNAP as Congress debates proposals to weaken this vital program.
1) Call toll-free to 1-888-398-8702
2) A pre-recorded message will ask you to enter your zip code. Press 1 to be connected to your Representative.
3) Let your Representative know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:
Message: As a constituent, I urge you to support and protect SNAP in any Farm Bill or other legislative vehicle. Oppose SNAP cuts.
4) Call back to repeat the process for your two senators – press “2” to be connected to your first senator and “3” to be connected to the other.
Also, Send a “Who Goes Hungry?” Holiday Card
Thanksgiving and Hanukkah cards blanketed the Hill last week, largely due to help in getting the word out. With your continued support, we can keep up the drumbeat. The Who Goes Hungry website now has holiday cards that you can send this week and next.
1) Send a holiday card to Congress and the White House.
2) Share the holiday card and promote the “Who Goes Hungry” campaign via email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other social media channel you use. Click here for sample social media messages.