This hearing is the followup up called for by the voters when they supported the budget for all referendum by such huge margins last fall. Before we go in for the hearing Mel King and some of our legislators will join us in front of the state house for a brief rally. If you come later, enter the state house by the security entrance on Bowdoin Street, around the corner from Beacon street and down on the left a few blocks
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 – State House
Rally 10am – State House Steps
Hearing 11am – room A2
With widespread support among voters across the state, the Massachusetts House and Senate will hold hearings on the Budget for All resolutions, S.1750 and H.3211. Make sure our State Legislature tells Congress to:
- Prevent cuts to vital programs that help all of our families: Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans benefits and housing, food and unemployment assistance.
- Create and protect jobs in fields like manufacturing, education, transportation, and other public services.
- End corporate tax breaks, loopholes and offshore tax havens, so that wealthy individuals and corporations pay their fair share!
- Redirect Pentagon spending to meet human needs. The US war budget is greater than the military spending of the next 10 largest military powers combined. While over half of the country’s discretionary budget is being spent to prepare for war, millions of veterans and civilians are unable to get their basic needs met.
– See more at: http://budget4allmass.org/#sthash.bQAFgghy.dpuf